The Nexus Blue Small Grant Fund aims to fund innovative marine conservation projects. We encourage applicants to submit proposals that will have direct measurable conservation results and that will contribute valuable lessons for our conservation community.
Currently, Nexus Blue possesses $50,000 in available funding and will start accepting proposals on a rolling basis effective November 1, 2017. Small grant funding amounts range from $500 – $10,000.
WildAid, a four-star rated charity, will review and select each project based on the following two criteria: Innovation and Impact. If selected, WildAid will work with the grantee to implement the project, review expenditures and provide technical assistance if deemed necessary.
Our program prioritizes marine conservation initiatives that focus on:
- Marine management and fisheries enforcement
- Endangered marine species conservation
- Capacity building and lesson sharing
- Alternative livelihoods for fishers
*Please note we will not fund individual research, conference attendance, salaries, nor overhead.
Please review our projects portfolio for current Nexus Blue-supported initiatives.
Grant Application Process
- Register for Nexus Blue – please fill out the registration form and your profile will be reviewed within 48 hours.
- Download Small Grant Application – please download the small grants application and fill out to the best of your knowledge. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- Submit Your Project – As soon as your Nexus Blue registration is approved, please fill out the form with a summary of your project and upload your small grants application where indicated.
- We will notify you of the results of your application shortly. In the meantime, please browse through Nexus Blue’s tools, blogs and participate in our forum.